Wednesday, August 1, 2012

wedding help

So I've been meaning to post. Just when life should settle down...it gets crazier. Max is about to turn one. And he's finally getting a tooth! Not going to be like his dai, and have to gum his way through his first birthday. He's such a champ at eating, and chewing. I'm sure he's hating the pain, just as much as Krystal is with her chronic tooth pain. Yet, one he can eat a raw carrot that's not been grated I'm sure he'll appreciate his teeth. Good friends of ours also decided to get married. Since we've been there, done that x2 we thought we'd help out. It turned into a week plus of helping with the invites. They turned out pretty awesome if I say so myself and I got to sort of learn and play with inkscape along the way. I also offered to cater since I've been there, did that with wedding #2. I think it'll be fun and much more challenging than our menu. Since they want a cocktail hour and a sit down dinner via buffet. Plus alcohol. I'm trying to figure out a way to make this work. I know I will but I want to give them something amazing while still keeping it frugal. Which for me would nix a lot of the alcohol but it is something they want. So I'm sure I'll start working on a series about their wedding, to hopefully help out others. I haven't really been able to find all the information I've been looking for and would love to help the wedding scene because it doesn't have to be as expensive as everyone thinks it should be.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is it that you are helping your friends with their wedding? You are right, there are many ways to save a lot on a wedding, and no, it does not have to be so expensive to be really nice. I was at a wedding recently where there they only served beer and wine...and it was just fine, and much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so true that there is nothing wrong with just beer and wine. Though we are coming up with two signature cocktails to only be served during the cocktail hour.
      If that is even still happening. They are already over their wedding so I have no idea about the going ons really at this point.
      Thank you for reading!
      Quin

      Delete