Thursday, August 30, 2012

Catering VS DIY

My friends are overbudget already and that does not include alcohol or food!!!


Now they think hiring a caterer will be cheaper...
I strongly disagree. When we looked into catering it was easily $2000 if not more. $300 covered the cost of our meal and I was lucky enough that Sparky loaned me her catering supplies for the weekend since her restuarant didn't have any events that weekend.

Our menu was simple but everyone loved it!
Herb Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Baked Ziti Salad Garlic Bread

I would love to cater their wedding with either a full buffet menu or heavy hors d'oeuveres. I can easily do it for $500 or less. Plus even though Sparky passed away it doesn't mean I no longer have connections at Sparky Town. Or that I didn't plan on asking everyone I know for their platters to borrow.



Sadly they are so focused on small simple ideas that they are not seeing the larger picture. Which would save them $1500 easily!

Did you get a professional caterer, or did you or a friend/family member take the DIY route for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment